A. Undergraduate Programmes
B.A. : English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Geography, Mathematics, Economics, Political Science
Sociology, History, Music (V&I), JMC, Physical Education.
B.Sc : Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology.
B.Com. : Commerce
B. Undergraduate self financing programmes.
1) BBA 2) BCA
3) B.Sc. Biotechnology 4) BTA
A separate prospectus is available in the college for these self financing courses.
A candidate will be eligible for admission to the first Semester of B.A/B.Com/B.Sc. if he/she fulfills eligibility conditions prescribed by HPU subject to the amendments notified by the University from time to time.
1) A Candidate should have passed 10+2 Examination conducted by HP board of school education or examination
accepted as equivalent there to by the various bodies of the HP university, provided that
The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with science stream shall be given preference in admission to B.Sc/BCA programme.
The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with commerce stream shall be given preference in admission to B.Com/BBA programme.
iv) The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics as one of the
subjects, shall be given preference in admission to BCA programme.
COMPARTMENT AT +2 LEVEL
Note : A student placed under compartment in 10+2 class will not be eligible for admission in B.A./B. Com/B.Sc. Ist semester.
UPPER AGE LIMIT
i) For admission in 1st Semester the maxximum age limitg is 23 years (25 years for girl candidates) as on 1st July 2018
ii) For SC/ST candidates a relaxation of three years in age is allowed. The Vice Chancellor may in exceptional circumstances, to be recorded in writing, give relaxation in age up to a maximum of six months.
GENERAL ADMISSION RULES.
1) Admission will be made on the recommendation of admission committee.
2) All admissions will be provisional subject to the approval of vice-chancellor, HPU, Shimla.
3) Admission will be strictly on the fulfilment of eligibility of candidate as fixed by HPU Shimla/HP Govt.
4) Every candidates seeking admission in any class of the college will be required to pay Rs. 300/- towards PTA fund. Fees & funds once deposited will not be refunded.
5) A candidate having a gap of one or two years in their studies will have to submit an affidavit explaining the reason.
6) A candidate disqualified/expelled/rusticated from other institution/University will not be admitted to any course during his/her disqualification period. (HPU ordinance 3.6)
7) The principal reserves the right to disallow or cancel any admission if conduct of the student has not been up to the mark during previous years.
8) One supernumerary seat for single girl child candidate is reserved in each subject DSC1.